Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I got my elite marti report today and was a little disappointed that my car is a 1 of 5 identical cars and not a 1 of 1. But I now have the knowledge that my car should also have a console which I do not have and my dash is a non console dash as well which led me to beleive the car never had one.
I do have a few questions
1. In the report it states that my car has "Black Vinyl High Back Bucket Seats" but on the window sticker it states the my car has "Hi-Back Bucket Seats W/Comfortweave Vinyl".
Are these items the same. My car has fabric as well as the vinyl in the seats and the other two eliminators that I have seen here Australia have all vinyl.
2. The window sticker states "Padded Interior Mouldings" what parts exactly is padded or what are they calling padding.

·
Registered
839 Posts
'Padded Interior Moldings' Included the Front 'A' Pillar Pads on Each side of the Windshield inside. Some 69-70 Cougars had Plastic Trim there. Cars with Plastic Trim were called out by an Extra 'A' on the Door Tag Interior Trim Code. Such as: '1A' Interior has Pads, and '1AA' has Plastic. Learned this recently, I hope I got it right. A 1 of 5 Car is still pretty rare. Great to have that documentation.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hi All
I got my elite marti report today and was a little disappointed that my car is a 1 of 5 identical cars and not a 1 of 1. But I now have the knowledge that my car should also have a console which I do not have and my dash is a non console dash as well which led me to beleive the car never had one.
I do have a few questions
1. In the report it states that my car has "Black Vinyl High Back Bucket Seats" but on the window sticker it states the my car has "Hi-Back Bucket Seats W/Comfortweave Vinyl".
Are these items the same. My car has fabric as well as the vinyl in the seats and the other two eliminators that I have seen here Australia have all vinyl.
2. The window sticker states "Padded Interior Mouldings" what parts exactly is padded or what are they calling padding.
'69 Eliminators were only available with the comfortweave vinyl with the high back bucket seats. There should not be any fabric it was not available until the 1970 model year on an Eliminator.
Where is the release latch on the seat backs? It will be in one of three places, 1. half way up the side, 2. on the side at the base 3. on the back of the seat.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dave,
The car is stored at the inlaws at the moment I am pretty sure the latches are fairly low on the side.
I have a picture here of the seat but it does not show the latch.
Cheers Rodney

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Ozzy, your Eliminator is likely 1 of 3 or 4.
At least 1 or 2 of those 5 is likely to have had a sunroof. Factor in the fact that it was built on a Wednesday with a DSO of 52, and sold in Pomona, and voila! 1 of 1

I used to live within 5 miles of where that dealership was located.

Did you have to change the seatbelts when the car was imported to Australia?

·
Registered
103 Posts
We are very lucky to have this type of service :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ozzy, your Eliminator is likely 1 of 3 or 4.
At least 1 or 2 of those 5 is likely to have had a sunroof. Factor in the fact that it was built on a Wednesday with a DSO of 52, and sold in Pomona, and voila! 1 of 1

I used to live within 5 miles of where that dealership was located.

Did you have to change the seatbelts when the car was imported to Australia?
Seatbelts were fitted by the first Australian owner (Had to do this to comply with Aussie Regulations) and the orignals are long gone, The ones that are in the car now I fitted as when I got it it had Recarro seats, 4 point racing harnesses and a 4 point roll cage (now in storage you can't have them Leon lol).The seats that are now in the car came with it and were original to the car prior to the recarros but I am now unsure if they are original to this car I am waiting on a reply to the above posts to be sure.
Cheers Rodney

1 - 8 of 8 Posts