Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Eliminators this week...

5K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Mike_B_SVT 
#1 ·
#3 ·
No inputs on the '70? I'm curious about condition and whatnot, but not enough so that I would call him and waste his time.

#5 · (Edited)
#11 ·
Man, the more I look at this one the more I like the white & black. Nice contrast, even though the scoop & wing aren't the "correct" colors.

Too bad it is an auto. I guess that could be changed, but I think it would be a shame to deviate quite that far from factory. Otherwise there is this one for "fiddling with" in a more serious manner, such as trans swapping. But then it would need a black interior too... http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/2347887865.html

#6 ·
The 70' mentions a parts car.
I'd want pics of the floors, trunk drop offs, and frame rails before I even started to be serious. If I can get a wcrfs for a good price, there's no reason to pay that much for something I'd have to un-customize.

#13 ·
Original competition green e-cat in chi town? Hmmm - woulda been a special order.....if such an animal exists.

#14 ·
Original competition green e-cat in chi town? Hmmm - woulda been a special order.....if such an animal exists.
Are you thinking about the 69 sunroof car? The 70 is the comp green car.

Or am I missing something (wouldnt' be the first time)...

#15 ·
Looks like the 69 sunroof car and the 70 green car are still listed, no price changes.

New 70 listed in Portland. "Complete" car, minus drivers seat, engine, trans, drivers floor pan, etc. Not a very promising pic either, listed as a 351 / 4speed car for $1850 in La Center.
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/2355542373.html

#16 ·
I emailed the guy in Portland. The car is a mess, and is not confirmed to be an Eliminator. He thinks it is, claims it was original painted "Baby blue" (Comp blue?). I did get the VIN # is someone wants to check it further. 0F91M541710....Rusty, missing most everything, he bought the car for parts for another 1970 XR7, and kept the motor, trans, etc. I guess he had been in contact with Don to sell it to him, but hasn't pulled it down to Salem yet....

#17 ·
I emailed the guy in Portland. The car is a mess, and is not confirmed to be an Eliminator. He thinks it is, claims it was original painted "Baby blue" (Comp blue?). I did get the VIN # is someone wants to check it further. 0F91M541710....Rusty, missing most everything, he bought the car for parts for another 1970 XR7, and kept the motor, trans, etc. I guess he had been in contact with Don to sell it to him, but hasn't pulled it down to Salem yet....
Wonder if it is in the registry, or if the "baby blue" might be pastel blue. I emailed him as well, but haven't heard anything back yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.