Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone verify if this VIN translates into a "true" Eliminator?
0F91M520636
Thanks.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops, forget it - I see a previous post regarding Eliminator verification.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm. That car just sold on Ebay and was listed as a 1970 Eliminator. Looks like the guy who posted earlier asking about how to tell if a car is a real Eliminator was the winner. It is possible that it is not in the Database and still an Eliminator, no??

·
Registered
698 Posts
Eliminator data base

The Eliminator data base does NOT contain the complete list of Mercury produced Eliminators, only cars that have been reported by owners, etc and identified as real Eliminators. If this is the yellow Arizona Eliminator offered for sale on Ebay, I had spoken with the owner on the phone and he said he had the build sheet indicating it to be an Eliminator. Kevin Marti can verify it if need be.
However, the owner also stated he would only "prove" it to the person who bought the car, so hopefully the new owner has the build sheet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep it's real alright...
got the Matri Report and damn fine car at that
glad I went for it...
A proud new Eliminator owner

·
Registered
698 Posts
Welcome to the club

Welcome to the club. Hope you have many enjoyable years with your Eliminator.
You can send me the information on your car and I will include it in the data base.
Frank Bowers Eliminator Registrar

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's awesome. Congrat's on the new Eliminator. It's only got like 65k miles on it right? Have you picked it up yet?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I haven't picked it up yet, but it's all arranged.
The beauty of the car is how stock it is still..
no one did anything to the car, and that's exactly what I was looking for! As soon as I get it I'll take some more pictures and post them as well add my car to the registry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts