Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my decal installer out today to prepare for installing the Eliminator stripes. He very closely/carefully inspected the stripes for clean cuts .. all good. Then he inspected the ends to ensure they would match up, and holy s**t!!! He found the left fender section does not match the left door section - out by at least 1/8"; the gap between the two stripes is too small on the door piece. The right hand sections seem to be fine. Strange why just the one section would be so different. Frustrating!!!

photo shows difference between Left fender and door pieces. It's only the left door piece that has the smaller spacing along the entire length so that the ELIMINATOR graphic would also not quite line up with it at the end.

These were made by Decal Magic of Edinburg, VA. Anybody else had any dealings with this company?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Get in touch with the company and tell them you want another door piece!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My vendor is already looking into it. We're afraid that when we ask for a replacement, it'll be no different. The pieces are likely cut in batches and what they pull off the shelf will all be the same. Hopefully the vendor can get the mfg to check his stock to ensure all pieces match properly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I believe Kevin Marti has '69 Eliminator stripes for sale. Probably will be a little more expensive but I've found out you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder who makes his. For all we know could be the same mfg.
These weren't the cheap ones on ebay. I paid the standard going rate .. $110.00

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeff, just learned that my vendor has another kit and he says it's good. So will go and inspect it tomorrow and take it if it's perfect.

BTW, not sure I'd trust the NOS one; having sat on the shelf for how many years, might not have any adhesive left.

·
Registered
130 Posts
A few years ago I was restoring my all original 41,000 miles white 69 Eliminator 428CJ/RA/4spd with original paint/sheet metal/interior..........

I ordered a set of Eliminator stripe kit & 428 decals from John's Classic Cougar out of Holland MI.

The stripes came in wrongly space, the Eliminator section was not even close to being properly space, with wrong height/width lettering. The vinyl tape was paper thin. Same with the 428 decal, with the wrong width/height numbers & paper thin vinyl. Luckily I had an original paint car to make new templates stripes & decals from.

When I email John Classis Cougar, he said there was nothing wrong with them & he would not take the stripes & decals back.

Chuck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts