Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Eliminator registry is up and running. CLICK HERE Some tips on avoiding a clone can be found in Definition. Scroll to the bottom. Thanks and have a great day. I was out for a few days and didn't catch the post on identifying an Eliminator until today.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Frank,
Cudos on a job well done with the registry! If I may, I have a couple questions.

1 - The Registry states that '69 Eliminators received prop rods for the trunk lid. I've never seen this. Was this an option that could be opted out of? I know I have seen an original '70 Eliminator without the Rod, but didn't realize '69 Eliminators could be had with the rod.

2 - The Registry also states that the 351W - 4v was installed in some '70 Eliminators. Just curious, how many example like this were produced? I had never heard of this before.

Thanks to you and Steve for a job well done!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have 69 with no prop rod. I suspect it's not the original deck lid. I found evidence of collision to left rear tail light area and the spoiler was not body color when I got it. I took out the torsion springs x2 trying to get them to support lid. Had to build own tool to do this. I will now get prop rod but would like to see picture of how it is mounted.

Help please.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Frank and I took the discussion off-line. It seems 69s did not have a prop rod because the rear spoilers were lighter. So, no need to install one. That is, if you are going for originality. If you just want to keep the trunk open, then you may want to install one. I've found that I can use a small clip at the hinge to keep the trunk open on my cat (70 elim clone with '70 type rear wing)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts