1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
11,000 Posts

·
11,000 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Eliminator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy and free, just click on the links at the top of this page and go to the national vendor. Click on the cougarclub of America.
they have a vin decoder at the bottom of thier page.:D

·
11,000 Posts
Eliminator VIN's

Unfortunately there is nothing in the VIN to denote an Eliminator.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
ID That Eliminator

Beg Pardon, Royce, you are correct.
KMJones, along with the VIN# you will also need the door trim tag ID#'s. The door trim tag is actually a sticker that should be located inside the door jam by the latch, on the drivers side of the car. If you can still read the tag you can then go to the link at the top of this page, then go to the National Clubs link, then go to Classic Cougars of America. Thier home page does have a link to decode your cat. Just plug your numbers into the places where they go. You can also submitt the info to the national registry. If you DO have an Eliminator you should contact Frank Bowers and give him your info so he can also register the car in the Eliminator registry.
If the CCOA decoder tells you that you do indeed have an Eliminator, as Royce said before, you should contact Kevin Marti or Lois Eminger to Verify the VIN#. Unfortunatly the door trim tags are easy duplicate, and some people have begun to fraudulently alter them, for the purpose of makeing the cars more valuable, some models and features (OR feature deletes) ARE more valuable than others.
Please keep new threads posted, and let us know of your progress. You can certainly get any info you may need in the future here, usually from three or four different sources.
Hope this helps, good luck to you.
Shane

:ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup: :ylsup:

·
11,000 Posts
Nope

The door trim tag contains nothing to identify an Eliminator either. The only way to positively identify one is by getting either a Marti Report or Lois Eminger copy of the original build sheet.

Royce Peterson

·
Registered
633 Posts
Just a Question?

I agree with they guys, get a Marti Report to verify the VIN, its a small amout to pay to see if its real. Your heartbreak when you find out its not will be worth the money alone.

Just a Question?
I have an elim and the paint code on the door tag states that It is a Code 9 Bright Yellow (Elim. Only). In this instance would the Dataplate let you know it's an elim.....

I ordered my marti report just to make sure because you never know if someone altered the dataplate.

Other than this instance I know of no other way to varify its an elim other than a Marti Report.

·
11,000 Posts
Nope

Code 9 Bright Yellow was available on any Cougar.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Well,I thought I had this all figured out.
Now I'm confused. Will you explain this process to me so I can know for certain at what point you can tell a cougar IS an Eliminator?
Last july4th several people seemed to be fairly confident that the cat I bought was an Eliminator because the colorcode was 9. The decoder does say elim only when this comes up. I saved several copies of this as part of my documentation, because everyone was telling me what a big deal this was, Because (I was told) Eliminator is a trim package, Everything considerd high performence was available on any other cougar within the respective year models.
Your insight here is appreciated, and valued... :confused: :confused:

·
11,000 Posts
Color

Once again, the only sure way to tell an Eliminator is to get a copy of the original Ford records for your car. They are available from Kevin Marti or Lois Eminger. There is no other positive way.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
If you don't want to spend the money, you can contact the Eliminator Registrar (Frank is on this forum) and ask him if the car has been previously reported. But, as Royce as already stated numerous times, there is nothing on the door tag or VIN to verify the car as a real Eliminator.

Order the Marti Report, it is well worth the $19 investment.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Still not clear...so I e-mailed Kevin and Frank.
The Marti report is the documentation. I'm asking for what it is exactly, that is documented.
What piece of information, exactly, makes a cougar an Eliminator?

By the way, I have bought a Marti report, I did check it, and other than the color(9 bright yellow, Elim only) and the Eliminator trim package, nothing I see is listed that could not be ordered on any other cougar.
What is that little detail that sets these cars apart from the rest?
:confused:

·
11,000 Posts
One thing only

The Marti Report is made using an old FOMOCO computer database. The record on your car is known as the "Order image". This is a record of the car being ordered for production, the car's status as having been built or not, and the record of which dealer it was shipped to upon completion. It contains a record of all equipment and options installed on the car. If the car was to have been built as an Eliminator the order image has a certain number in a certain position of the sequence.

The Lois Eminger report is a copy of the dealer invoice for your car. Once again, if your car was built as an Eliminator it says so on the invoice.

There is no option, color, VIN code or door data plate infor unique to an Eliminator except the Boss 302 engine option. If your car has the letter "G" in the fifth spot of the VIN (0F91GXXXXXX for example) then you have an Eliminator for sure.

Otherwise a Marti or Eminger report is the only way.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAH!

Thanks, thats what I wanted to know, although I must admit that I had believed it to be something more exclusive than just paperwork. I found that the more I tried to find info, the less and less info there was available.
Royce, that IS hard to come by info, many people(including myself up until 5 minites ago) think that an Eliminator is an package that you could order on a cougar that made them different from XR-7's,
you know something made of steel that made them special. (Save the Boss 302 engine...which I dont have, mines a S-code-390)
Thanks for the education...:xoli:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all for the information and direction. Best to pay to have the report. I was impressed with the new Eliminator Registry site - great job.
S/F,
Kevin:)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Eliminator!?

well c'mon man, you can still tell us about it.
what can I say, NEVER a dull moment...

:xoli: :xoli:

·
11,000 Posts
No Problem

Making everyone aware of the information is the great thing about the internet. By sharing information like this it keeps people from getting scammed as easily. There are still fake Eliminators (and GTE's and XR7-G's...) out there so it pays to get the Marti Report every time.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Thank you again, for sharing this information with us Royce. I have a lot fewer questions these days, but nice to know where to find the information when you need it.
10/9/03

1 - 20 of 66 Posts