Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received confirmation from Welly Die Casts in England, that they are currently in the molding stages for the new Mercury Cougar Eliminator in 1:18 scale!!
Even better news, they are doing BOTH 1969 & 1970 !! They are limited to 3 colors each year and interior color is supposed to be different too. The release date is unknown at this time, but it can't be long. I have posted the photos at the links below.

http://www.mercurycougar.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1103&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

http://www.mercurycougar.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1104&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

Cougar Bill

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Bill,
good to hear the news about finally making a diecast for the 69-70 cars.Iasked a local diecast vendor if he heard anything about them making a diecast for the eliminator a week ago. He said i do not know i get a list from a local dealer and what he has and i go from there. So good to hear the cougar community will have 6 more diecasts to buy now.
thnks
pat

p.s. they say what colors the cars will come in? the 2 giveaways are yellow and orange so far. They say if the blue and the gold or the green will be the other choices for 70?

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
AWEEESOME

about time, hopefully I have money when they come out, Id buy one of each color :)

Rick

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
droptopcat70 said:

p.s. they say what colors the cars will come in? the 2 giveaways are yellow and orange so far. They say if the blue and the gold or the green will be the other choices for 70?
Pat, the box says Yellow, Orange and Blue, not sure if thats written in stone, but those are cool colors to me :)

Rick

·
Registered
633 Posts
Why do the 69's come in Maroon.....and they have black hood scoop/spoiler.

I hope they update the colors to the ones that came on the cars.

Nice to see it happening though....I will get a blue one for my brother. That will be a good birthday present. Bummer they arnt making a Yellow one.

Tad.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Rick,
i noticed that right after i typed that reply in.MY BAD oh well be nice to see them finally come out though in diecast form. Like they said in the magazines COUGARS ARE UNDERRATED!! but to us all no way are they, get more thumbs up then the jo shmo in thir rice rockets.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
246 Posts
Wooo, for someone like me, building a 69 Eliminator with a black scoop and spoiler, that one is PERFECT.

Can't wait until I can order one of these

1 - 16 of 16 Posts