Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Eletronic Sequencer question for 67

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Mistress 
#1 ·
Can someone post me a link where I can buy a reproduction, electronic sequencer unit? I was looking on WCC, and I thought I found the total replacement kit, but I can't seem to find it now....

Also, are these pretty easy to replace?

#2 ·
Here is the WCCC link:
http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/c7wy-13a366-as.html

For 67 there are two choices based on when your car was produced. Before 1-3-1967 is diff that one that date or after. We installed one of these on daughter/son-in-law car and it works great. Got one for mine but not installed yet.

#3 ·
Thanks for the link! How can I find out of mine was built before or after that date? Can I tell by the VIN number?

And, was it pretty easy to install?

#4 ·
On the drivers door is the data plate (unless its been removed or the door was replaced) you'll have Body, Color, Trim, and then Date, it will tell you the day and month it was built. Mine is 17A meaning it was built on 17 Jan 67 (B would be feb and so on). I put the electronics in mine 7 or 8 years ago and it works great just plug it in. WCCC has them and they also have original units that have been tested and cleaned up. I still have mine and miss the rotating and clicking sound it used to make. Good luck!!

#6 ·
Can't plug the wrong one into the other because they are different shape. They come with instructions too.

#8 ·
Got my electronic sequencer and installed it. The installation was a breeze! I do have one problem though. I'm not sure how the emergency flashers are suppose to work. I found this video on YouTube (go to 40 seconds into it), and mine don't work like this. The middle bulbs flash but that's it. Was this how it was for the 67s?

#11 ·
You can make the emergency flasher sequence out on both sides by turning on a turn signal with the emergency flasher on. It won't sequence like the vidieo, just from the center out. And ya that sequencing was cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.