Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was doing some wireing research about an Eleminator underdash main harness and found a reference to a connection for the Boss 302. I was under the impression that the only wire difference was a rev limiter, and I thought that it was a seperate harness. The diagram only shows several leads and does not show what they connect to. Can anybody enlighten me? Is there any difference from an XR-7, Eleminator or Boss302 dash harness?

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Richard forgot to mention that he knows that the XR7 convenience switch panel is not on an Eliminator under dash harness.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Was doing some wireing research about an Eleminator underdash main harness and found a reference to a connection for the Boss 302. I was under the impression that the only wire difference was a rev limiter, and I thought that it was a seperate harness. The diagram only shows several leads and does not show what they connect to. Can anybody enlighten me? Is there any difference from an XR-7, Eleminator or Boss302 dash harness?
Richard forgot to mention that he knows that the XR7 convenience switch panel is not on an Eliminator under dash harness.
The Eliminators utilize for the main harness in the passenger compartment (14401) that is in most cases the same as an XR7, there is a "Courtesy lamp wire assembly" C9WY-13B767-A which is basically a bypass for the wiring that goes up to the toggle switches so that the interior courtesy lights work correctly. This harness is only found on an Eliminator.

According to the MPC there was a variation depending on date code on the 1969 model year before 5/19/69 C9WY-14401-BJ, after 5/19/69 specific to a Boss 302 C9WY-14401-BK, but this is not referenced in the wiring diagram and for 1970 the cutoff date for the D0WY-14401-B is before 11/15/69. After 11/15/69 there is no specific call out for the Boss 302.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you ever so much for the info. I knew there was something different there just thought there was more to it. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts