Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is a late model upgrade to a breakerless ignition, other than a Pertronix, that is a simple bolt in for the ol'68 302.

·
Registered
175 Posts
D.U.I

Davis Unified Ignition. A company called Performance Distributors out of Memphis, TN www.performancedistributors.com

It's an HEI type distributor. I put one in mine and am really satisfied with it. It's a one wire hook-up, 2 with a tach, that really cleans up the engine compartment because the coil is in the cap. I paid 350.00 2 years ago for it, a lot more costly than the Petronix, but I like it.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I have a Crane XR-700 ignition in my Fairlane. Its great, but you have to mount a box, so its not stealth.
I payed 130.Can. for it.

Rick

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
You could wire in a later Duraspark dist. The DUI is a fine dist if you dont mind the Chevy look. mm

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've got an MSD billet distributor and an MSD ignition and it works great! I even sorted out the tach thanks to this board :)

I STILL need to get rid of that Demon 750...

Ken

·
Registered
648 Posts
Rick,

The 625 Road Demon to replace it hasn't arrived yet so I don't know. I could use a fan shroud or a PS control valve. Hey, maybe some leaf springs???

A guy at the local speed shop offered me 150 for it but I didn't think that was enough....

Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts