Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am planning to run my horn though a relay and will probably run other things through relays as well so I am wondering where to get the wire. I would like to be able to get the same type (colors with stripes) as close as possible to possible to match. Is there any place that sells that type of wire? So far I have only been able to find solid colors.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Andy, The only way I have been able to match wires, is to take an old harness apart.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
You might try http://www.narragansettreproductions.com/ who makes wiring harnesses to OEM specifications for our cars. Happened across them in Hemmings Motor News and was delighted/surprised to find that they were the elusive maker/supplier of the '69 XR7 engine side main harness ($$). I fixed my original harness but had contemplated buying a repro at one point. I was pleased to find them because knowledge is power, that and it reduces the price of acquisition from sodomy with sandy vasoline to sodomy with a kiss on the back of the neck. :buck:

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
LOL - yeah get the grease if you are given the option......another place I get crazy wires with colors/stripes is from the washing machine/dryers and the like that people give away/trash. It has come in very handy to have various connectors and wires to make up harness' and what not. Cheap-n-easy - just like a good girl friend ;>p

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Just buy red and black wire from an electronics supply store. You're not going to fool anyone with "factory" looking wire leading to add-on relays.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I don't think ive ever heard being shafted put so eloquently :evil: or semi pc :smoke:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I forgot about this post. Im really trying to make it easier on me with the colors and what not. I am not to good with electrical stuff and my rememberer doesnt work as good as it used to. I guess I killed too many brain cells when I wore a younger mans clothes. How do you guys keep track of wires?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the links. I actually picked up a Power Distribution Center from a Minivan that holds like 7 relays and 3 or 4 mini-relays and just as many fuses. $16.00. I also have the wiring diagram for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts