Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you get the rubber plug type connectors that are under the dash, in the trunk and probably some elsewhere. Where the two connectors plug in together. Some have two, three and four wires in them, Kinda like a four wire boat trailer plug? Can these be bought so as to recreate correct wiring harnesses?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Yes, they can be bought, but I dunno where. Bob at RCCI uses them on a number of his products. You could contact him and ask (rccinnovations.com). Guessing one would not have infinite choices on the color of wires and their position on a given connector.

As for recreating correct harnesses, there are people that do that too, but remember that "correct" means the right color wires in the right places on a given connector. I'm guessing that in the case of repro harnesses, the pins are put onto the wires loose and then the connectors are molded on to the pins/wires. I am sure Tom at KTL or Don at WCCC can shed some light on what I am describing.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow thanks! Yup that is what I meant.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
No, not factory ones - but you can use them to custom fab things similar to factory style ones. They are pretty handy for many projects if you are not looking to be "concourse" correct - any you can get parts. Not sure where RKTM gets the ones he uses that do match up with factory stuff - I'd give him a shout and see if they have other connectors available as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts