Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
70 Cougar 351C 4 barrel with 4 wheel disks custom interior getting new paint mild cam AOD trans
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend me to a place to get a good quality set of rear window openers for a 70 XR7 a previous owner put electric widows on the front but not the rear the sets I have found for the rear just use a unit that goes around the manual roller and works that way it makes the panel not be smooth and I am not crazy about the look

· Registered
7,580 Posts
I'd be curious to know what afermarket set up was used- If you are referring to the toggle switch, they can be hard to find, if you insist on 'correct' stock parts. However, Ebay, West Coast Classic, as well as NPD and a few of the other vendors are expanding their selection of replacement parts.

· Premium Member
70 Cougar 351C 4 barrel with 4 wheel disks custom interior getting new paint mild cam AOD trans
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have electric windows in the front they are controlled by a 4 switch unit in the console the rears are roll up and the car came with a kit that puts the Motor behind the side panel then uses a drive that goes to the Window handle mechanism to roll up and down with the stock drive looks like it would work but cheap I guess it could be powered by the second pair of switches up front

· Registered
7,580 Posts
My 70 convertible, came with power windows. Finding, and getting all the stock stuff to work will be painfully expensive. I've seen some aftermaket kits, and of course a TON of GM stuff for sale to retro fit. Ebay is still my go to for this kind of thing, if it isn't something I need right away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts