Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people were talking about this using miata motors. I would like to do this as I am tired of closing my doors every time I get home by hand. Did anyone come up with a schematic or anything for this?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Someone please help this gentleman out...so that I can also get the same info...:D

Anyone?

·
11,000 Posts
Why not just get your vacuum motors repaired? It's a lot less work and cheaper too.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Amen to that Logan!

I've been plagued by vacuum lines splitting on the ends...even with recently replaced lines. I'm tired of tracking down the hissing noises under the dash and hood every time it happens. Not a really big deal, but it would be cool to have something more reliable. I'm not sure if adding more electronics to the classic cougar is an answer, but I'm willing to make the udgrade...

·
Registered
240 Posts
heh yea just go to your local hardware store and buy as much vaccum tubing as you can. then when you have a leak just replace each tube one at a time. sort of a pain in the neck, but best i can do for advice :) but yea i'm looking forward to someone replying saying that there's a quick and easy way to put electronic headlights in :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Here's the diagram if you use the motors from a first generation RX7. Don't know if it's the same as a Miata.
Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I have a rx7 motor too, i have not started on it but will soon.
looks pretty easy. i will take pics and video clips.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This looks interesting. I thought I might have to do something like this. I just got a good deal on a complete headlight assembly. If that doesn't pan out I might be back to ask some stupid questions.
Mercury 68
I think this cougar forum is cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts