Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Eleanor hood scoop

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  wvcat 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
i figure its time to add a new post here. I have been wondering if anyone has done any "customizing" work on there hoods? Im not talking the eliminator hood scoop i mean like done any sculpturing and feathering a scoop into their hoods?I have been looking at the "gone in 60 seconds" hood scoop from the Muskrat Eleanor. What do ya think? good? bad? ugly? awesome? trying to get some ideas on making a good thing Better.
thanks
pat
1970 standard triple white convertible
1970 competition gold eliminator

#3 · (Edited)
Shaker on a 70

his is a shaker on a 70 XR7 convertable. This is a Repo Mustang tipe shaker. Some one had a red 70 at nationals with a Torino shaker on it. If I have a pic I'll post it.

#4 ·
Shaker

the car in the back ground has the Torino shaker.

#5 ·
my friend had a 67 with a trick hood scoop. It was like the scoop on Corvette summer, it was kinda thrashed, but I fixed it all up and it looked cool on it. I didnt have a camera then so I have no pictures.
Another friend has a 67 with a 429 in it and has a funky scoop. I'll try and find it, and post it in the GALLERY,lol.

Rick

#7 ·
Hi everyone,
Been thinking strongly on putting a eleanor hood scoop on a spare 70 hood i have from my convertible. But does anyone have a better idea thatll add a ooo or a ahh to it? I have a factory hood scoop on my convert already but wanna add some spice to it(if you know what i mean). This wil be for my eliminator but will have a spare hood for it for original status. I have a camaro z28 fiberglass cowl induction scoop on it already but when i had a exhaust put on the car i got the car back n the scoop was cracked down the side, so i took a spare hood from my parts car and used it for my convertible..
thanks
pat
1970 standard triple white convertible
1970 competition gold eliminator

#8 ·
I saw a page in ford & mustamgs a while back that had a cougar with a cowl induction hood... it was definnately different.. I kinda of liked it. I dont remember the month..... april, may???

Could be cool:D

Don

#13 ·
Here's a photo of a "Cowl-mero" hood treatment to an early Cougar...

Don't know who's car this is, or where I got the photo...

I have *MOST* of one of these on my '70; I like it but not sure I love it just yet...since paint doesn't come into play for another 4-6 months, I guess I have time to decide...

Attachments

#14 ·
Hey Pat, I'm with you on this one. I have been thinking about building one myself, the only thing is I don't hae an extra hood to play with. Mine will be low and have dual intake ports on the front and probably line up perfectly with one of those aluminum dual snorkle air cleaners from an early 5.0 stang. Kinda like the air cleaner on a GSX stage 3. Of course I really haven't made a drawing yet to see how it would look. Here's an idea, cut some cardboard up and make a prototype.
John
wcat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.