Mercury Cougar Owners banner

EFI Motor decals...let me know what you think

4K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  cougar_68 
#1 ·
I am adding fuel injection to my cougar. I thought it would be cool to have an original style motor decal. like the ones that go on the air cleaners. I would probably put it on the front face or the top of the intake. Let me know what you think of these.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
This one is with no Cougar on it at all.

Attachments

#5 ·
Hmmm...any particular reason? I cleaned this one up a little bit...

Attachments

#9 ·
I like the last two. Can't decide between grey or white cats though. lol.

#11 ·
Now that I look at it, I don't know what I was thinking on the first couple. YUCK.:rolleyes:

#12 ·
Its hard to decide between the white cat and black cat. I sort of like the white cat ones better. What color is your car or your engine? What about playing around with the color of your car and engine and include that in your sticker? You did a really great job on making those stickers. Those are definately unique! Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see them on your engine.

#13 ·
Thanks a lot! The body is an aqua color. The motor is going to be dark blue with aluminum heads and lower intake. The upper intake and the valve covers are going to be black. The fuel rails will be anodized red(aeromotive). I hope I don't have too many different colors going on. I have a chrome PS pump bracket also. I was thinking of getting chrome breathers for the valve covers. I might be able to have a guy at my dad's work etch little cougars into them.

Also, I'm not sure if I will be able to put the decal on the intake because of heat and I have a shaker to put on top of it. So I might put the on the radiator shroud or maybe I will make a stainless steel piece to cover the top of the radiator and it could go there. If those ideas don't work out it could go on the underside of the hood, the side of the shaker(highly unlikely), or on the air box.

#14 ·
Here are blue cats. This should be close to the color of my block. I also did something a little different...I wrapped the tail of the cat around the last number. Let me know if that looks better or worse.

Attachments

#15 ·
I like the white cat, but try with the 'cubic inches' a bit smaller and in a bolder black, keep to the std colours that the factory would do it cos' then it looks more professional, IMHO, also still have the tail going over the numbers, that breaks the black number a bit. If you know anyone who can do precision cutting, or whatever you call it, then see if they can cut that out on metal, one of the guys did a very cool mercurycougar.net in metal [who was it], anyway if you can do it in metal then heat will not be a problem, neither will the colours, lol. You could have two cut and put them on the frame supports. When you are finished playing with the 347 and 302, make one for me, with 351........please. I have nothing on my cougar's air filter.

#16 ·
I was trying to copy this one. That is why I used the smaller, "less-bold" letters for cubic inches. I might make them a tiny-bit more bold, but not much at all. I will work on a 351 decal for you. I'm guessing it's a cleveland?

Attachments

#17 ·
I thought of another idea too, but I need a mercury head to copy...if any one knows where I could find one that would be great. If not, I'll look for it here in a little bit.

#19 ·
The white cat with the tail wrapping around...

Attachments

#20 ·
I hope I spelled Cleveland right...

Attachments

#21 ·
That is great, thanks, I will be nice and lazy, copy it onto disc and take it to the sticker shop, I will show you the end result. As far as Mercury heads go, this is the only one that I have on file.

#22 ·
Team Cougar logo head is also cool.

#23 ·
nother lot

#25 ·
i think you nailed it with the black cat thats what i think mercury probably would of went with.

#26 ·
72cat said:
That is great, thanks, I will be nice and lazy, copy it onto disc and take it to the sticker shop, I will show you the end result. As far as Mercury heads go, this is the only one that I have on file.
I'm glad you like it. Definately let me know how it works out.

catman said:
Here is another choice.
Thanks! I think that is what I was looking for.

cougarguy said:
i think you nailed it with the black cat thats what i think mercury probably would of went with.
I'm really starting to lean towards the dark grey cats with the black print. Not sure if that's the same one you are talking about?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.