Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, I've been looking for a carb for a 69 351w and find out a guy at work has a 750cfm
performer thats about 3 months old and wants $75.00 for it. Is this going to be to much carb for a daily driver ? I had been leaning towards something in a 600cfm but with my budget and the price I'm temted to pick it up

·
Registered
113 Posts
my 70 H code 351C had a 750 edelbog on it when i bought the car as well as the old school f-351 intake and it was too much carb for the car. I went down to a 1405 edelbog 600 cfm and the car runs alot better.

My engine has an unknown aftermarket cam that has a nice lope to it and headers but I did not build this engine the 85 y/o man I bought the car claimed he built the engine in the late 80's.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention as far as I know this is a stock 351W with ci ford intake

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Don't go with the 750, you will find a 600 will do you GOOD...... Been there, done that. You will have less tuning over the long haul, and performance won't really suffer with the 600, and in fact probably work in you favor. IMO

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks smith brother.
the guy just brought it in and its an EB 1406 which doing a search on that says it's a 600cfm so I think I'm gonna try it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts