Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ebay warning

I received an Email today saying that it was from Ebay and they wanted me to update my credit information. There is a link to go to with a form to fill out. I believe it is someone wanting to steal personal identity. I have sent a copy to Ebay. Here is the email I received.If you receive one of these DO NOT GIVE THEM THE INFORMATION.

Dear eBay User
During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we couldn't verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete.

As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has been restricted. To start using your eBay account fully, please update and verify your information by clicking below :

http://68.57.123.198/https/scgi.ebay.com/saw-cgi/verify.htm?eBayISAPI.dll?&bidaccess=0&buyaccess=0&itemid=default&maxbid=default&makebidtype=5i488kgv&uachoice=1&lagoonemorebid=0&raccept=0

Regards,
eBay

***Please Do Not Reply To This E-Mail As You Will Not Receive A
Response***

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Frank

Frank,
i received it as well i tried responding to them as saying "its your fault you fix the damn problem" i got that once in a email recently as well and since they couldnt accept the return reply from me i deleted it, i get these now and then i dont reply since i seen someone now and then get this.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've never placed a bid on Ebay anyway, for that particular reason. I don't like the idea of putting any account information out over the web.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I was thinking of opening a seperate bank account with seperate credit card for internet transactions, otherwise I also do not give info over net.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discover card does a "virtual credit card" system, where they give you a "temporary" credit card number that's only good for one transaction. (They map that number to your real number, but the person that you're paying doesn't get your real number).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts