Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just so happens I live about 15 miles from bodydude , found him after I got the cougar looking for parts . . He has a lot more then he lists so always ask .

I am going Monday for 2 bumpers and brackets , And some light stuff . He is one good guy . He has has full body's just stripped of all bolt on parts .

http://stores.ebay.com/body-dude-chicago?_rdc=1

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks for the info. Could you check to see if he has any '70 shells with good quarter structures and inner cowls? I'm looking for an excuse for a short road trip. If you are able to, shoot me a PM and I'll get you my info. Thanks again.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I see he had some white Seats for a 69 XR7 vert - could you see how nice they are? I may make th etrip if they are worthwhile....? Probably other stuff I could use too - front and rear valences come to mind.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey no problem to look at all guys . I can get some good pics if you want .

Jester are you looking for quarters ??

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey no problem to look at all guys . I can get some good pics if you want .

Jester are you looking for quarters ??
I'm looking for a ton of stuff, but quarters are on the list. I have quarter skins and a set of questionable quarters removed from a car that was being cut up for it's rust free cowl to core support areas. The care was a '70 XR7 Lt Beige (don't know the official color), with ginger/houndstooth interior. It had an M code Cleveland and FMX. The guy that cut it up said "the vinyl top was a brown checkered pattern (houndstooth?)" I didn't see it, because it was cut off before I got my stuff. I hated seeing a Coug' getting the knife for a Mustang. Anyway...my car is a sentimental beast...1st car. It is originally a '70 XR7 optioned car. It was Dk Ivy Green Metallic, Dk Green vinyl, Dk Green interior with stereo door speakers, AC and tilt wheel. It too was an M code Cleveland/FMX and has front power disc brakes, power steering, and I believe my findings leed to cruise control...there was a box between the speedo cables and some extra junk under the hood that I remember removing 18 years ago. It may be a shame that this car isn't getting restored near concorse, but it's a car that will never be sold by me...I hope to hand it down or secretly store it in a barn with a signed title for a next generation find. The car needs alot of sheet metal work, but it has to be done in stages...my wife and I have been trying to start a family for 8 years with no luck, but if it happens, the car can't be any further than 7 1/2 months from road ready. My car needs drop offs and a little wheel well work on the inside and the quarters have lower rust with the driver side collision damaged. My list for this stage would be quarters with sail panels and inner sheet metal, roof and possibly a pair of doors. My second stage would need the hinge aprons (which I have), inner cowl, and other misc. You can see why I would love a non-titled donor, but when I find one, the owner ONLY wants to part the car and will NOT sell the shell.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Jeez a guy posts a seller he likes and has had good luck with and now you guys want him to be the guys agent!! Too funny!

Granted good to have a fellow board member put eyes on things you are after, but you might consider contacting "the dude" directly as well?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Jeez a guy posts a seller he likes and has had good luck with and now you guys want him to be the guys agent!! Too funny!

Granted good to have a fellow board member put eyes on things you are after, but you might consider contacting "the dude" directly as well?
Maybe you didn't catch in his original post, "He has has full body's just stripped of all bolt on parts ." So I simply asked if he would see if the guy has a '70 shell...you may also not have noticed I'm in Indiana (not too far from Illinois) and it would be worth a trip, if someone else put eyeballs on a shell. Then maybe you could have noticed that the OP asked if I needed quarters. That may imply that he has some or knows that this guy has them. I responded with my exact needs and intentions with great detail. I;m sorry if my detailed discripion is too much of a read for you, but that's just the way I am. Long detailed stories that nomally leave the audience without question.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Maybe you didn't catch in his original post, "He has has full body's just stripped of all bolt on parts ." So I simply asked if he would see if the guy has a '70 shell...you may also not have noticed I'm in Indiana (not too far from Illinois) and it would be worth a trip, if someone else put eyeballs on a shell. Then maybe you could have noticed that the OP asked if I needed quarters. That may imply that he has some or knows that this guy has them. I responded with my exact needs and intentions with great detail. I;m sorry if my detailed discripion is too much of a read for you, but that's just the way I am. Long detailed stories that nomally leave the audience without question.
Didn't mean to offend you Jester (and as a jester thought maybe you would also see the humor in it, guess not), it just struck me kind of funny. If 'blue doesn't mind it's all good, just funny (at least to me). And I did read the whole thread including all you quoted and I did specifically mention the notion of someone putting eyes on it for you.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Didn't mean to offend you Jester (and as a jester thought maybe you would also see the humor in it, guess not), it just struck me kind of funny. If 'blue doesn't mind it's all good, just funny (at least to me). And I did read the whole thread including all you quoted and I did specifically mention the notion of someone putting eyes on it for you.
I didn't get offended...sorry if it came accross that way. Two of my addictions are archery and Cougars. My other home is an archery site and there is a PRM (political, religious, military) sub-forum. Things are running on edge on a couple issues over there and I've been bouncing back and forth for about an hour...my frustration may have crossed over.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't mind looking or asking since I am going there . Its not out of my way at all . Actually like said he is a great guy to talk with and a wealth of knowledge no phone call can match that .

Be nice if we could set up relays too ! would save us on shipping possibly .

I know a guy who lives in Knightstown , Ind. we slit the difference and met in Lafyette , Ind . It was a pick up truck load .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts