Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m new here so be kind. Picked up a 67 cat and have tapped out on trying to fix the vacuum headlights; time to hit the easy button, if there is one. Looking for input on the most economical kit or parts to buy for electric conversion? Saw posts about the Ford probe motors but when I look at them they don’t have the adjustable rod. I’m pretty mechanically inclined so it doesn’t have to be all plug and play.

·
10,971 Posts
WCCC sells a conversion kit. The easy button is to install a rebuilt pair of vacuum actuators which would last your lifetime with no further trouble.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

I bought two used 94 Ford Probe motors, a 1/4” adjustable carb linkage rod (center length 4.5 inches or buy one, cut in half and weld to each probe rod after you cut them), bought 4 1/4” thick 5x5 inch steel plates, two relays, and some wiring. I felt it was an easy build, works great, and I’m about $150 into it (bought everything but motors on eBay, got motors at salvage yard) There are diys online that give bracket specs (for the base I used 5x5”, fits and is stronger than diagram) and wiring diagram. I’ve all the info if you need it, If you need something text me 931-338-7720.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts