Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Eastwood pains any good. I plan on using their self etching primer first. I'm worried about adhesion in the engine compartment. I dont want any paint coming off when I pressure wash. I was just wondering what my results might become using their products that come in a spray. If anyone has any expierence using their stuff, I'd like to hear from you.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I used the cast grey from eastwood with good results. The trick is prep. I used SEM self etchin primer on the fairlane (dont have a compressor yet) on the small parts and it's held up real good. I have some pix of it in the gallery. It's a good thing to use if you dont have a compressor, and eastwood does make good quality paints.

Rick

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
I like the eastwood paints I have used. I used th4e chassis black(gloss) for the engine compartment in my 69 390. I also have the detail colors and have used them on that car and others. My son and I have used the Corless rust inhibitor paint and we used the semi flat Chassis black on his 69 convert project. Neal.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the reason I'm asking is because I was told since the paint is only single stage that it wont stick as well as two stage paint using a catylist. Can any one verify this? sixt9???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts