1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
508 Posts
.....And a happy Easter to you Sir. Yes, 1969 was a great year in automotive history and other things.......A beautiful day here in the Pikes Peak Region. Sun, cool breezes,... a fantastic day for springtime outdoor activities with family and friends.

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Look at how small that Rambler is compared to the Cougar. Whats the weight differance? I'll bet they are a little hard to get parts for.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Yeah - if you think cat parts are hard to come by - try on AMC stuff! Sweet Rambler for sure! I'd have to say 69 was THE year for most makes - I've had a Charger, Cuda, Road Runner, Torino, Mustang, and now a cat over the years.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

The Hurst SC/Rambler is a very fast car ! Rich with racing history and I had a blast with mine. 3,000lbs Rambler with AMC 390,Cross-Ram intake, 4spd trans, 354 gears and posi .Mid 12"s in a old street car that was factory race ready from AMC !!!!!!!!!!!

A bone stock AMC 390 engine made 425lbs of torque and 315 horsepower in a lite body.
I love my Cougar but if it sticks it's claws out against a Hurst SC/Rambler I would just have to paint them with nail polish...LOL ! Different kind of cars but both are great !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Yeah - a buddy of mine in high school had one of those scat-pack AMC's - it was squirley and very quick. Been a long time since I've seen one other than a show though

·
Registered
136 Posts
No doubt about it, AMC's can run with the best of them when they're done correctly. And with the right stance and color they look good too.There are several AMC's I'd be more than happy to have.

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
That is a very nice car. Mighty fancy looking motor too. I bet my R code would give it a run for the money though.

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
First, I'd have to put it back together. lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
What a fun race that would be....LOL!!!!!! From what I read both bone stock would run almost the same times !!!! Sound like the skinniest driver would be the winner !
Here is a old video of my SC/Rambler racing back in the mid 80's with the all stock engine that was tired at the time,

http://youtu.be/IXLLdUw2EZA

Old pic of my SC. Is that a old orange Cougar in the background?

This has been fun , thanks guys for sharing in this and I'm gonna have just as much fun with my Cougar !!!! Just in a different way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts