Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is mine and only has 2-days left on Feebay. I posted it before in the Misc Parts for sale section but I'm thinking most people never even saw my post. Granted it is not "technically 100% concours" correct but it is the correct size for most of the Cats built in 67-68. Seems to be very little interest on it. So far only one bid as of now of $0.99. This is a NO RESERVE auction. This tire would look great in the trunk of any vintage cougar. The feebay link is below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190592212489?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shipping would be considerably less if I was to take it out of the box. I could send it UPS like that. Local pick-up is welcome as well.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Tires are one of the few items they will let you ship as-is with nothing more than a tag on it. Should be about $30 or less anywhere in the U.S. via UPS Ground.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Cool tire. Looking at your #7 and #8 photos showing the bead damage, that tire may or may not hold air. Obviouisly mounting or dismounting damage.

That being said, it would make for a very nice spare tire for sure.

I will try and decode that UV707 DOT code and get a better indication as to when the tire was produced.

The yellow code on the tread tells the tire builder in the plant which 'green' tread extrusion it is and he/she is supposed to place on the building drum and they are to match that with the build sheet. You still see those tread codes on tire today. Look at a BFG All Terrain T/A or Mud Terrain T/A, etc... and you will see it's tread code in white paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts