Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Actually it's the head of 'Mercury,' a Roman god. He was the god of travel and was a messanger to the other Roman gods. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just wish Ford-Mercury brought back the Mercury god on their cars. The emblem they have been using for the last twenty years is terrible. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
The "God" head IS back... 2002 Marauder... It's on the center caps of the mags, and they were thinking about putting it in the grill as well, don't know if that made it though. I know it's on the mags though...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks. I've read and looked over a few articles about the Marauder, but never was able to view the whole car from multiple angles since I've only seen it in magazines. I think the new Hot Rod Magazine on the news stands has a large article about it. Sounds like it's going to be a car from Mercury that is finally going to have some stones under the hood and the style will still cater to those who generally buy the Crown Victoria and the Lincoln LS. Wonder what direction Mercury is going with this new line of cars? Glad to see the 'Mercury' emblem is back, or atleast in the works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts