Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, here is another one of my curious dumb-founded questions that I hope someone can enlighten me with an answer. I have this old chiltons book, and was looking up tune-up spec's for my 70 351-C two barrel system and came across this for the DWELL, FOR DUAL DIAPHRAGM UNIT - - ONE SET OF POINTS - - 24-29 DEGREES -- .021 GAP////FOR SINGLE DIAPHRAGM UNIT - - ONE SET OF POINTS -- 26-31 DEGRESS -- .017 GAP.. Now I need to know how to determine if mine is "dual or single" what it looks like on the distributor, btw, I believe it to be original distributor. So, I currently have it set at "20 degress" at 7 or so BTC timing @ 1000 rpm idle. Seems to run fine, without idle air mixture fine tuned yet. Anyone on dual or single??? HELP!!

dwelled dumb-founded - gary

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Dual diapraghm has 2 vacuum line fittings on the canister part of the Dist. (usually they are pointed straight up) single only has 1.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah, i forgot to mention that the set up on my distributor has only one vaccum line going in, which makes sense then, that i would only have a single set up. well, reassurance and a second opinion always help i always say, and of course, thanks for the reply/replies.

informed and enlighten - gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts