Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my car back today from the muffler shop.

I got my Hooker Super Competition headers installed, into an X-pipe and Spintech mufflers.

More pics are here:

http://www.iz-us.com/images/cars/cougar/exhaust/

It sounds GREAT. I was a bit weary of the Spintechs, I heard they sound high pitched or odd. Nothing but a throaty roar for my engine, and they're supposed to flow better than most any other muffler. Not too loud...I like them much. The headers seem to fit ok, not hitting anything (or close to it). No nice tips on the exhaust, but I'll probably get that done eventually.

It was wet out today in sunny Southern California, so it was hard to tell just how much difference the headers made. But it seems like a good difference, as I'd hope going from a rusted out single exhaust to a true dual.

No pics that show the headers very well, I'll try and take some later.

Very happy with my new exhaust system, looks sounds and runs badass!

I'd recommend the SpinTechs to anyone as well, the sound is great. I'll try and get some sort of audio/video of it so I can get sound in there.

Edit:

And now my interior is looking semi-ok.

http://www.iz-us.com/images/cars/cougar/Interior/

I outsourced the work to my little brother, for $5. *grin* Just wiped away the caked on dirt and dust all over the dash and everything. The dash looks great, nevermind that I need a new headliner, new seats and new carpet.

·
Registered
519 Posts
SUHWEET! :D

What's the scoop on the x-pipe? Who makes it and how much $$ if you don't mind me asking?

Also, what size exhaust pipe are you running?

Can't wait to hear it :D

BTW, if you know someone with a good PDA they sometimes have the capability to record which you can then dump to your PC.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, I'm not all that sure of the details on the X-pipe, since it was all shop done. The cost was $90 for that over the H-pipe (which was pretty much free)

The piping is all 2.5" after the 3" header collectors.

I'll try and get some better underside pictures once the ground is dry :)

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Cool. Cant wait to hear it.

Hey MunchE, looks like you need a dr. side taillight frame. I have one, email me for info.

Rick

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dark7068 said:
Cool. Cant wait to hear it.

Hey MunchE, looks like you need a dr. side taillight frame. I have one, email me for info.
I'm actually probably going to follow Sixt9Coug's lead and cut out the ribs.

Yes, that is a parental advisory sticker. One of my next orders of business is to take that thing off. :)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
MunchE said:

I'm actually probably going to follow Sixt9Coug's lead and cut out the ribs.
Hack the bezels, and they will follow....... he he he. looks like i might be competing for the 70 lights at Pomona this month :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Great

I also want to here the exhaust. Mostly because of the x-pipe. The only thing I recommend is get rid of that damn breather. I can tell you from experience that if the car backfires that it can catch fire (really bad if you have a glass scoop). Also the foam element deteriorates and falls into the carb. Just some advice from a bad experience of mine.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha, that's my little brother.

The X-Mas gift pants that started as a joke, and turned into a horrible horrible reality.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts