Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a driveline from a '69 that's sitting behind a 351w w/FMX bolt into a '67 289 w/C4? I know I need to measure the two, I was hoping that someone already had the measurements for them and could tell me. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know there is a difference in the drivelines between the standard and auto tranny's. The driveline behind my friends 4speed is larger in diameter than the driveline he pulled from behind the FMX. That's why I'm hoping the driveline will bolt into my application, going from auto to auto.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well all I can tell you is that when I transferred from a fmx to a c-4 I couldn't use the drive shaft from the fmx. The out put splines where different,but my c-4 was from a 79 car, thats about the best I can do for you.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
The engine/trans combos you listed have the same overall length and mounting points. They'll swap just fine. As mentioned above, the output yokes are different. You can swap the driveshafts or just the trans yoke for one driveshaft to the other and everything should work just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts