Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another sob story here, recently I purchased a set of drip rails off of EBay. I waited excitedly each day for the fed ex truck to circle the neighborhood. The day finally came the drip rails had arrived. I rushed to open the box only to find that the rails had been crushed into nearly a circle. My face dropped in shock and my temper flared. How could this happen? From what I could tell it looks as f the packaging was not up to par, for the rough and tumble handling of the men and women at fedex. Another set gone to the scrap yard...sniff sniff..tear tear....I filed a claim with fedex....nothing back from fedex as of yet,,,,If anyone has done this before{the claim} let me know....
Lance

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I filed a claim with UPS, talk about the run around. It's alot of bull$hit with them, so I wont go into alot of detail, but since UPS Canada doesnt insure used car parts or glass, Im out money and the guy who bought the part is out glass. They lost the 1/4 window glass, it fell off the planet. I have to repay this customer the cost, and eat everything up and take a loss. But my claim is still active and Im totally pi$$ed with UPS and call them every couple days to get on there a$$. They said they will reimburse me the shipping cost (25.Can.) but that's it, on a 60.US bill for the glass and shipping. I loose and the guy looses, and the glass is in limbo somewhere. I threatened them that the ups guy saw what it was and said its lost and put it in his car, and I claimed theft, and started talking lawyer,lol. Its amazing how fast the jump.:D

Good luck on Fedex claim, hope you get something back, I doubt I will.

Rick

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Just to bring this full circle, Just pray you never have to make a damage claim with the US postal service. I also ate the cost of a auction part that was destroyed by them. Oh yeah I tried but thats it, no service. Even though you "buy" the insurance they will only insure actuall cost and request a reciept to prove it. And get this, they destroy it and will not refund the original shipping charges, you eat them. Anymore sales by me will be UPS only or it will be at buyers chances with USPS.

I dont know about ups canada but I have never had too much trouble with a claim with them here, but its been years since I ever had to so I'll leave it at that.

6t8, I'm sure you hit it on the head about the packaging not being up to par. Fragile things like drip rails take alot of care in getting them packaged to hold up to the handleing they recieve along the path to your front door. I have never delt with FedEx on a claim so I wish you luck. mm

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i know a guy who works for FedEx, ill ask him for any tips about winning a claim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts