Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An Early Christmas Present from Classic Cougar Community .Com!

Dream Cougar is now live!
Build and Spec your Dream Classic Cougar, and then see the window sticker. Best of all, it's FREE

We are ready to let you take our new application out for a test drive! So far we only have 1968 loaded in the data base, but we will add more years once we get the bugs out of this one. For right now follow this link to Dream Cougar. http://www.classiccougarcommunity.com/dreamcougar/

Here is how it works:

Building your Cougar involves three easy steps:
Step One: Choose the year. (for right now that's '68 only)
Step Two: Choose the body code. (XR7 or Standard)
Step Three: Select the options. (You can only specify things that were actually available)

Then Dream Cougar will produce a PDF of the Window Sticker for your Dream Cougar!

We have added the ability to ad PDF's to your posts so you can share your Dream Cougar with all of us.

A few important notes:

No you can't order a 427 and a 4 speed. Options are limited to what you could actually get back in the day.

There are sure to be a few bugs! To keep things manageable we will be supporting the ap on ClassicCougarCommunity.Com here: http://www.classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=447

Once we see that this works for 1968 we will add more years, from '67 to '73. We can still use a copy of the '69 and '70 option price books to fill in a few prices we don't have yet.

Enjoy!

I would like to thank everyone here at MC.Net and ClassicCougarCommunity.Com for all of the terrific support in getting the data assembled to make this possible!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Silly. I don't play video games because it is a complete waste of time but I'd play one before I did this.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Wow, I have expensive taste, 5904.74

Very cool

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silly. I don't play video games because it is a complete waste of time but I'd play one before I did this.
Really? You would not want to even input one of your own cars and see what the window sticker would look like? Did you actually try this?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ouch! I see my taste has gotten more exspensive with age. Sticker of $5320.00.
What's thake like $40,000.00 in todays market?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We thought about doing a price converter that would account for inflation. It is kind of fun to see how cheap some things were (headrests $58.30) , and how expensive other things were AM FM radio ($184.95).

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fixed a couple of bugs! It was not showing some engine choices on the sticker and speed control availability is now fixed.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Bill. I haven't tried it. I have looked at actual window stickers and really have no desire to look at fakes.

I do commend you for all the work you have put into this.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To each his own JB. You are right that these are, at best, partial reproductions. We are intentionally doing things to make sure that people don't pass these off as the real deal.

I talked with Kevin Marti about this at length and he pointed out one interesting application I had not thought about at all:

Lets say that you always wanted a particular car equipped a particular way. First off the app will tell you if that combination was available (you can't select things that were not available from he factory) and second, he can compare the car you wanted with all of the cars built to see if any one actually ordered such a car.

He did this first for himself, looking for that elusive XR7 CJ Convertible with 4 speed A/C Traction Lok and a few other things; only to find that no such car had ever been built. Then he did the same for a Fors exectutive that wanted a '68 1/2 Mustang convertible with the 428CJ. That car did exist and since he had provided a Marti report to the owner, he was able to put the two in touch with each other.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
No time now, I have to go to work. But will be here tonight and try it out.
Thanks Bill.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Wow, I have expensive taste, 5904.74

Very cool
Not sure what happened, but this time around I got 6266.14

Still think it's cool. I wonder if my dream GT-E exists. Come to think of it, I highly doubt it, I don't think there were any special paint 428 4 speed cars.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Just did my 68 xr7g. 5241.82. WOW! Expensive by 60s standards...

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Not sure what happened, but this time around I got 6266.14

Still think it's cool. I wonder if my dream GT-E exists. Come to think of it, I highly doubt it, I don't think there were any special paint 428 4 speed cars.
Of the 3 that were built and all 3 of them were XR-7s, the paint/trim codes were, A/8B, R/6F & B/6D. John

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I would have had to cough up $5700 for my 427 XR7G sunroof with High perf axle & traction lock plus some othere xtras.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Don. Wonder what it woulda cost to have your relatives (or some other real good connection) dealership that you bought it at to convert it to 4 speed before delivery })

·
Registered
336 Posts
$5840 27 incl transportation charge....wow!!! XR7 GT-E 428-4V Cobra Jet "Merc-O-Matic", with all the fruit.
I have the original invoice for my car:
2DR Hardtiop $2933.42, total cost with options: $4228.78

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
My dream 68 XR7-G only cost $5579.60 I think for a long drive this would be a good combo. 302 4V, 4 speed, sun roof, AC, PDB, AM/FM, Tilt, Head rests,rear window defogger, traction-loc in Black cherry with a black roof. I would prefer no vinyl top, but with a sun roof it is required.

Funny thing is, I saved it to my folders and that copy lost the tilt, Rear window defogger PPS and PDB options I had and brought the price down to 5302.20

1 - 20 of 31 Posts