Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doug Bodensteiner is a local drag racing nut and a member of the Lone Star Cougar Club, as well as a good friend.

He runs a heavily modified 67 Cougar in the Muscle Car Club Challenge series here in the South West. The car is a consistent 10.7-8 car, naturally aspirated. No Nitrous or blower for him!!

I've posted some pics of his car HERE...

He's in the middle of installing the new fiberglass front end. When it's painted in it's new paint scheme, I'll post some more pictures...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Logan,

Where did he get the front end? How much was it? I love it! 200#s!!!! Would it be posible to put the headlights and everything back in? I'm just thinking headlights and blinkers for the street. Is it bolt on or pin on?

Thanks
Austin

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front end is from Show Car Body parts in Toronto... It took them over 8 months to fill the order (After being paid in full of course). The fitment and quality is "OK", but not stellar. I'd say these parts are for dedicated drag racing machines only. I'd say the factory grillwork wouldn't match up well enough to make it work for the street. Everything is bolt-on, except for the hood, which is a pin on....

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's 40 ft by 80 ft... That's Ray's garage. Well, one of them anyway.... :)

There's 8 cars in the garage, 5 or 6 beside it, and 3 or 4 in the main house garage... 80% of them are Cougars...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts