Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I bought new weatherstripping to go in the top of the door, but on the outside, there is still a big gap between the stripping and the window! It hits it like normal going up, but by the time the window is all the way up, there is a gap again. Not as bad on the drivers side, but, does anyone know how to adjust that? Can it be adjusted?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think I understand it right, maybe adjust the window track at the bottom, probably the track would need to go out towards the
the skin, pushing the top in, towards the interior. Is that right?

Tim

·
Registered
588 Posts
With the 69, you have a couple of possibilities. If the glass is loose in the runners, it will cause this. An easy check for this is to pull upwards slightly on the front and back of the glass. The key is slightly, pull too hard and you could separate an otherwise good bond. Another possibility is the window is out of adjustment, which means pulling the door panel to get to the adjustment points. But before you do anything, where is the gap, at the A pillar, at the top, or at the seal at the rear quarter window. Each has a different solution.

·
Registered
118 Posts
there are several adjustments that can be made.....
on the outside bottom of the door there are 2 bolts that bolt into the bottom of the window guides, these adjust the pitch... in-out angle of the window.
on the upper left window regulator arm there is another bolt that can be loosened that will angle the foward or rearword pitch of the window.
there are 2 window stops in the door itself, the rear one is bolted by the door latch , loosen this and slide the stop up or down to give your window more travel distance, the frt one is located by the mirror.. remember that the glass in 69 is glued in, so be careful while making these adjustments. have fun!!!;)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, the gap is where the fuzzy weatherstripping meets the window... It's not that big of a gap, about the width of a qaurter.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts