1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a difference between door window sizes
Difference between a 69 /70 cougar
or a difference between a mustang and cougar window?

Because i have a huge gap between my drivers door window and quarter window glass

The window makes contact with the weatherstripping in front and at the roof....

The passenger's side fits perfectly.....

So maybe a window from another year or other car ??

Greets !!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
It is most likely an alignment problem. The front window may be set to far forward. Is the rear window cranking up all the way? couple things to look for. I believe there is a diff in 69 and 70 whereas 69 windows were blues in and 70 they were bolted or held in to the track mechanism differently.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Yes there is a deference in size between 69 and 70 glass. 70 bolt in door glass is longer then 69 glass. You may have a 69 1/4 window as it is shorter then the 70 1/4 window also. Start with measuring the glass from side to side.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes there is a deference in size between 69 and 70 glass. 70 bolt in door glass is longer then 69 glass. You may have a 69 1/4 window as it is shorter then the 70 1/4 window also. Start with measuring the glass from side to side.
ok thanks for the info !!
i will measure them later this week ( i am always late from work so probally will do in in the next weekend)

does a 70 mustang window fit the 70 cougar ?
(mustang parts are easier to get over here )

Greets !!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yes, if the Mustang is a coup or conv. but not a fastback.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Glue-in door glass is '69 and early '70, bolt in glass is a '70 mid-year change. If I remember correctly, the glue-in door glass has the weatherstrip between the door and quarter glass attached to the door glass. Bolt in door glass has the weatherstrip attached to the quarter glass.

·
Registered
205 Posts
how huge is the gap? there is an adjustment on the front window to move it forward or back a bit, if memory serves me maybe a 1/4". also the rear window adjusts somewhat. i've got to go in and adjust my windows since the body shop did such a lousy job lining them up or trying to line them up.

sometimes i just want to shoot people in the knees just for the fun of it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Must be a 69 glass i have then,
its much smaller and its alligment cant be changed enough to close the gap,(can put a finger through the gap without touching the glass on both sides )
also as cougarCj said, on my window there is a weatherstrip needed ( chrome "moulding" on the side off the window )
the passenger window has no chrome moulding or weatherstrip and closes perfectly into the quarter window weatherstrip....

Can not imagine this beeing a 70 window....

also cant understand why the 69 glass is shorter,the bodystyle is exactly the same ( all because of the stupid weatherstriping :s )
tried glueing a weatherstrip against the window but that wont hold for a day......

===> in the search for a 1970 window :)
Cheers !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts