Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The door panels seem to have been butchered over the years, I have a square cut out where the electric window switch is on the passenger side, there is a silver square thing in the cubby hole but its too small to fit there, the drivers door has 6 switches on it, also in a cut out square, the speakers on both doors are cut our rectangles, there looks as if there were window switches on the back panels, but they have been covered up with bits of square vinyl. If any 72 owner would be so kind as to send me a photo of the panels on their cougars I could work out whats original and whats just plain cruelty to cats. The doors look like they don't fit comfortably, is this normal, seems to be a large gap where the windows go. Our first step is to check out the e/windows, one is not working. Then to try and get the door panels back to what they should be, then......who knows.......! Boot is a mess, no panelling at the back. The drafts are awful, car feels like a fridge, have to also work on the heating, or lack of it.
Any help re above will be greatly appreciated, we are a bit in the dark here.:1zhelp:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts