1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I asked how to fix a tear in a 69 XR7 Door panel. Someone
sent me a note off line saying they would do it. Had e-mail program
meltdown so can you send me another note

And has anyone had any luck fixing them?

Thanks

Stu
PS I looked for this on here and did not find anything

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Depends on how big the tear is. I used a kit called The Millenium Mender available from Vinyl-Pro of Western Pa. A web search should turn it up for you.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Eastwood sells a vinyl mending kit too.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Depends on how big the tear is. I used a kit called The Millenium Mender available from Vinyl-Pro of Western Pa. A web search should turn it up for you.
Bob, are you happy with the results of this kit? How do you use it? I also have a few nicks in the panels that I'd like to be able to patch "invisibly".
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Bob, are you happy with the results of this kit? How do you use it? I also have a few nicks in the panels that I'd like to be able to patch "invisibly".
Thanks.
Harry,

It is like anything else, it depends on how skillfully you can use the materials in the kit and if you can pick up the techniques quickly by self-teaching. I had a video that came with the kit (or I bought, can't remember which) but when the time came to use the kit I could not find it. I studied some video clips on their site and got my head into what I believe are good techniques. The repairs I did came out pretty well, but the largest one was maybe a 1/4" tear. The rubs and abrasions came out invisible. I also used a graining kit which allows you to make a rubber grain pattern using an existing good spot on the panel as a pattern. I don't think anyone but myself would be able to pick out the areas I repaired. Maybe the 1/4" one if they looked hard.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts