Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to start a new thread on this subject (it'll probably be a short one). Sorry for diverging from 67 to 68 on the paint codes thread, I didn't know they had different paint codes, especially between related models (1st gen vs. 2nd gen etc).
Tim B - Thanks for the "dealer installed" comment, that makes sense. They definitely were screwed on, though. The rubber slipped into the chrome piece (actually aluminum) which was held on by ~1/4 inch long sheet metal screws... the odd screws are what made me suspect aftermarket. Either way, they're gone now (I think I recycled the aluminum - ha!) I just reread your post, I may have confused you. They do not protect my door edge, they protect my door from other door edges... see my car wash picture http://www.mercurycougar.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=680&papass=&sort=1
to see what I mean (the black/chrome strips down the length of the car).

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
We have those on our sierra, excort and mercedes, they really do protect the car from other car doors, but not from damn Kombi owners, the bottom of a kombi door misses the rubber but not our doors, we actually measured this once, due to some overprotective mother insisting her kids did not ding our car, even tho' the noise of the kombi door hitting could be heard for miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts