Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, today I was trying to take my right front fender off and it didnt come off. I thought I had all the bolts off but I could be missing a few? It was in wreck so maybe its just tweaked. But could some tell me where all the bolts are to remove the right front fender? Thanks Jason

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
1 in between the door and fender, 2 under the patch area, the 6 on top, 2 on the headlight cover, on the front valance, and the stone deflector, thats all I can remember off hand.

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
umm 6 or so on the top of the fender. 2 on the valance, one in the door jamb, two i believe under the fender a few in the grill area. you need to remove the grill to take it off, and the valance, and the errr, filler plate. and damn, i think thats all. oh yeah, thats what i know from a 70 anyway.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The ones I have seen people forget are the one in the door jamb (open the door and use an extension on your socket) and the two or three (I am more inclined to think three) that are reachable in the fender well and attach the front of the fender to the light assembly. Those are the hardest to get to and may be covered with the rust inhibitor and require some penetrant. You don't have to take off the grill, but you should have 13 or 14 bots in the end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts