Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i decided to take a look at my build sheet again, and after some cleaning of dirt off of it, i saw the tire size again........... they are not the F70 x14s i thought they were. they were regular run of the mill E78 x 14s.... so that means i dont have the handling package that i thought the car came with for a while. its hard to read and i should probably laminate it or something. oh well. there are a few other codes on there that i dont know hoe to decipher. anyone have a decoder for the build sheet?? like, the shock colors, the hubcap codes and stuff???

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hey Steve, where'd you find the build sheet? Was it that paper that was under the driver's side carpet that fell apart as soon as I touched it? :)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, sounds like it. mine has a corner torn on it. i still have the piece, but yeah, it doesnt hold together that well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i have a 68 xr-7 and my build sheet was under the trunk lining on the passenger side. granted mine was in better shape than yours by the sound of it, it still shows serious signs of wear but you can still read it.:D

·
Registered
266 Posts
I found one stuffed in the rear deck lid of a 70 cougar one time. It was all rolled up but in exelent condition.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Build sheet?

Maybe, I have one too. Cleaned out the trunk and found lots of rust! So, I'll look under the carpet next. Oh, no....more rust?:rolleyes:

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Build sheets

Tip! Other places my buddies and I have found build sheets...

On top of the gas tank, between tank and floor (obviously on 71-73s)
Under carpeting, usually drivers side rear, but other locations as well.
Taped to the top of the glove box, on top of the cardboard box itself.
Stuffed into the springs of the front seats.
Under the rear seat bottom, both in the seat springs and on the floor.

Happy hunting!

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Steve, any luck on the parts for the intake. I really have to sell it, so let me know.

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
havent found a Fairlane yet. if you really need the cash go ahead and sell it. maybe ill come up on the parts later and get to make a tidy profit instead lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts