Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past sunday I drove up to Chicago and bought Mike Warnock's 67 standard that he put on this site for sale. Modified Mark would really like it.....boss 302 type suspension. I'll go into that later......anyways, it came with Torque Thrust D's on it and an extra set of tires/wheels that Mike felt sure were the factory original wheels and hubcaps. They were the "dogdish" type and say mercury on them in really nice shape. I was thinking of putting them on ebay to help recoupe partial cost of car. My question is......are they worth much and did cougars really come from factory with these?
Also, he had a custom exhaust put on it, and the guy from exhaust shop told Mike to save original mufflers as they were date coded mufflers. It was a california car and very clean so these mufflers aren't rusted out and you can read ford part number on them easily. Are these worth saving or selling? These are some of the items I have questions on......thanks Keith

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Funny you mention that I would like it! Cause I was thinking real hard about looking at it! Seems like a nice car and the price was getting very hard to refuse. I just couldnt do an E-clone with it! I'm sticking to my guns on what I want this time, either an 69-70 e-clone or "GASP" a Mach 1.

Hows that 351 run?? Did you drive it home? Sure looked like a real deal. mm

Oh and by the way I dont know about the hub caps!LOL But put the mufflers on E-Bay and brag them up on there condition and how there OEM and have the "Correct" numbers on them and what a rare find they are and set back and watch some "purist" empty his wallet for them!! Well maybe not??? mm

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Cougars did get a dogdish hubcap. Not a lot of then though. I could not give you a value but thgey should sell well on ebay.
The date coded muflers may have some value to some one, not sure were to try and sell them. They may sell on ebay but I would think swap meets would be better. Also try posting them on the CCOA site and the classic cougar message board. Links below.

http://www.cougarclub.org/

http://members3.boardhost.com/67-73COUGARS/

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Dont forget to use words like "WOW" and "Bid now before I change my mind on these RARE factory pieces",lol. hahahah.

Rick

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replies........yeah,Mark, I'll have to tell you all about car when I get back from Arkansas. Am leaving in the morning and gotta get to sleep. I don't know what I'll do yet with mufflers and hubcaps but probably put them on ebay.......hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.........Keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts