Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:1zhelp: Hey Guys!! :D I hope everyone is having a good week!!! Well a little question.... about wiring now i have a wiring diagram but i really want to know what these 2 wires do..... especially due to the fact that everything is working!! Okay running down the steering column are many wires two of them in my 68 XR7 have been cut and twisted together!! There is one green wire and one yellow/black wire. Okay the green wire seems to come from the emergency flasher switch and spliced to the turn signal switch. The yellow/black wire traces to the turn signal switch!! What are these wires for??? Where should they lead to??? I presume the connector that all the wires lead into from there. As i said earlier my horn, turn signals and emergency flashers all work so what is going on???
Many Thanks

Stu - :D

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Sounds like your switch in the column was replaced. The replacement switches fit a variety of different vehicles and not all wires are used on all makes.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm

Thanks for the info!! Where can i get a replacement switch and how much do they cost??? A part of my turn signal has broken off!!

Stu - :D

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Check the vendors list, but I believe that West Coast Classic Cougars has them - Don Rush, 8-5 Monday-Friday PST at: 503-463-1130 http://www.classic-cougar.com/

T

·
0 Posts
u might be able to find it through wells manufacturing. they carry a ton of electrical parts. a smart local aouto parts guy could find it and order it for u.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts