Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do Cougar styled steal wheels have a Ford {Part number?
I recently picked up a set of 68 Cougar styled Steal wheels, the only numbers I find are 14 X 6. Should they have a "C8W" part number stamped on them? I have noted Ford part numbers on other types of wheels. I have not decided what I'm gong to do with them. Thinking about putting them on the Fairlane.:burnout:

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
2 to 5 in the pen for steal wheels.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Badcatt, looking in my Ford Parts Interchange Manual it shows part #C8WY-1007-A and then under Identification Mark(s), it says stamped C8ZA1007C. I have a set of '72 Magnum 500's that were on my car when I bought it and it has a stamping on the back side around the lip of the wheel. John

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 to 5 in the pen for steal wheels.
Ahh, that would be for stealING wheels I'd say. this should have been, "Do Cougar styled steel wheels have a Ford Part number?"

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Neal, probably had an ink stamp or sticker originally.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked on the back of my spare and didn't find anything. Where did you find 14X6?
It has more stamped on it here, Top line reads 6 14 93 8302 AIW Swcond line reads DOT USA T 14 X 6 JJ

I'm thinking they sare san older set of reproductions. Maybe build date is 6 14 93?

Chrome is a little dull and the recesses are a little rusty. But should clean up OK.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
You can tell by how the center section is attached to the rim. Originals are rivited and reproductions are welded.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks John, they are reproductions. I got them for next to nothing. They will go on the Fairlane for sure.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Should look good, if they aren't on a Cougar, then they should be on a Fairlane 500 Sport Coupe. Did they put the hypo motor in the Fairlane in '64 ? My Dad's was incredibly quick if I recall. Looking forward to seeing your Fairlane one day.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike,
The "K" code 289 could be had. Mine was just a "C" code Cruse-o-matic. But I have a top loader and Doc's old 302 from his Mach 1. I need to get back to work on it. I want to shred some rubber!

·
Registered
564 Posts
They actually put the K motor in the 63 first. Rare car some call them a 63 1/2. The 64 cars are more desireable due to their BFX history Baby Bolts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts