Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Puma lovers!

I'm looking into installing a new Crane Pro-Curve Billet Distributor and HI-6 CD ignition system for my 351C. (I've had two Pertronix modules go out on me and am currently back to using points/condensor which is a PITA as most of you know well!) Crane's dial-adjustable design seems amazingly easy to deal with when setting/changing advance curves (compared to swapping springs in the other brands).

Is anyone out there currently using (or have used and swapped out), a Crane Pro-Curve Billet Distributor??? Is it a good product or should I stay away from it?

***Several years back I had an Accel dual-point dizzy (NIB yard-sale find!), and an MSD 6A CDI box on my '65 Ford Fullsize, 289, 3-spd car. The MSD box failed on me twice in two years (the second time I got MSD to upgrade me to a 6AL box after all the grief), so I'm not too keen on MSD! (Although, that was in the mid-nineties and maybe their manufacturing processes have improved?!?)***

Car is a '73 XR7, 351C-4V, C6 AT, 3.55 TrueTrac Diff.

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
Coolfogman

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I tried a a Crane Pro-Curve Billet Distributor a few years ago. I went with it because if the tunable advance curve. It would die when it got hot. I ended up putting my Duraspark back in. Don't know if they've fixed them, but back then they were getting 50/50 reviews.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I looked at them. They are suppose to be very good. It is the only thing to save Crane in their recent financial problems. I did not go that way I went with MSD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts