Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody help me on what newer cars, I can get the spindels off of to convert my 69 cougar to disk breaks

thanks for the help

·
Registered
20 Posts
spindles

I have heard from several different people that Granada front spindles bolt rite on. I have not done it my self, it's just what I've heard. ( thumper ):)

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Breaks?

What are disk breaks?

Any relation to disc brakes?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Justin you can use 75-80? Granada spindles on your 69. But you will need to change the outer tie rod ends also. Remember that your Cougar is a Mustang under its skin so of course you can use the apporiate year Mustang spindles also. mm

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
ahem.... that 70 has discs. ( if i remember right ) i know there are suspension differences but hey, its all there...

·
Registered
794 Posts
The 68-70 disc brake spindle and calipers should all be the same.
It has the thicker (stronger) spindle and single piston floating caliper.

·
11,000 Posts
Reply to crazy cat...

Actually the 68 and 69 disc setup is all parts common, changes occurred in the 69 Eliminator and were carried over into the 1970 - 73 production for all Cougars. These changes included different spindles, wheel bearings, rotors, and tie rod ends. The 70 - on up Comet, Maverick, Mustwang all share these parts too as well as the previously mentioned Granada, Mercury Monarch and Lincoln Versailles from 1975 - 1980.

Royce Peterson

1 - 8 of 8 Posts