Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

A fellow at the Vintang Mustang Forum contacted me about a group buy discount on these CDs (http://www.sea-tools.com/mpc). I worked it out with Ford to be able to offer the following to my fellow Cougar buddies:

The prices are 10-24 = $60, 25-49 = $55 and 50-up = $50. All prices are plus $3.00 per CD shipping/handling worldwide. Forum members can purchase as many as they like and any one of the catalogs: 65-72 Lincoln-Mercury, 65-72 Ford or 60-64 Ford. Normally, these sell for $99.95.

I will take reservations now thru next Sunday night. After all the reservations have been made, I will let you all know the number of reservations and the final price. Please reserve your copy at [email protected]?subject=Cougar%20Forum%20MPC%20CD-ROM%20Special. Be sure to let me know how many and what models/years you want. If you do not say, I will assume you want the 65-72 Lincoln Mercury MPC.

If any are interested in looking at the VMF deal, click here: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=1&Board=forum&Number=641261&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Master Parts Catalog&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=641261&Search=true#Post641261

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
:confused:

Links broken to that site...and I have no idea what this is...so I don't know if I can live without it or not! :lol2:

Little help?????

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
The MPC is the "bible" that lists every part name and part number of every piece it took to build your car.
The paper ones are huge (over 6000 pages normally) and used/abused ones easily sell for $200.00+ - if you can find one.
I just reserved one each for 65-72 Lincoln-Mercury & 65-72 Ford.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
But they are different than an interchange manual? I don't know about such things, but if these just list parts and number used to build the car, wouldn't an interchange manual be a little better for parts finding? Or are part numbers part numbers?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
The MPC also includes assemby diagrams. Think of it as a shop manual on steroids.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
When you go to the dealer and ask for a part and he pullsd out the microfisch - he's looking at the MPC.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
oooooohhhh..OK...now I see...

ummmm... YOU guys don't have a financial interest in this do ya? :lol2:

Just sent in my "reservation" email...

Oops...and just got it kicked back with a "host unknown" error...

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Fomoco Obsolete sells the Mustang MPC on CD for $103.00, so even if Dan was making a buck or two we'd still be saving.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Hmmmm. Mine just came back as rejected too.
Looks like sea-tools.com is having issues this morning.......

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Yepperz...don't get me wrong...if I could get 50 bucks off on something, they I don't care much if the guy I get it from makes even 49 of 'em as profit! *L*

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'll go in on the group purchase for the 65-72 Lincoln-Mercury Master Parts Catalog CD when the links get fixed. Never can have too much information when dealing with our Cats.

·
Contributing Member
1,881 Posts
Master Parts Catalog

This one cost me over $200.00 15 years ago and I have to let my
fingers do the walking!

Sounds like a good deal IF the cd contains everything in these
two catalogs, plus you have search capabilities.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
OK all -- CD website back online.

Sorry for the trouble. I'll extend the deadline by one day, so next Monday. Thanks.

Email seems to still have issues, so try: my personal address

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Maybe it's just me...

But I still can't get to the page...will send an email...

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Alas...

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings

1 - 20 of 39 Posts