Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me how to identify the difference between 69 and 70 front turn lamp assy. ? thx Mike

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Their marked and you can look at the texture of the lens. and I believe something on the grill front is different..I never knew it until i had two of them side byside and realized there is a difference in them..
I can try to get a picture this week for you . I have some used and NOS ones here.
John

·
Registered
839 Posts
Smooth Lens is 1969, Textured Lens is 1970. They Have different Wiring. One has an External Ground Wire with Ring Tab for Screw. The Other has it Integral with the Plugs. IIRC.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Smooth Lens is 1969, Textured Lens is 1970. They Have different Wiring. One has an External Ground Wire with Ring Tab for Screw. The Other has it Integral with the Plugs. IIRC.
The 69 front parking lamp assy has the smooth lens & external ground wire w/ ring connector. On most 69 Coug's that I've seen, the ground wire is connected (terminated) on the lamp housing stud, as assembled to the front valance panel. Normally left stud / right parking light & right stud / left parking light; individual grounds terminated on lamp housing studs closest to center of front valance panel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts