Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah yeah , i know its an old ad but i laughed looking at it.... the name has been edited to protect the guy from your merciless assaults lol.

"I have a 100% no's matching 1968 couger eliminator, 428 Cobra jet, with 4 spd fast back. car is for sale, body is shot, but everything is there. car was launched off a bank, and bent the frame behind the fenders. if you had a nice body, you could make a real nice car, almost orginal
Dave XXXXXX <ddXXXXXXXXXet>
west clarksville, ny USA - Thursday, October 26, 2000 at 16:15:42 (EDT)"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey sixt9coug, is it possible that this is a 68 GTE? GTE's came with either a 427 or 428 and I heard that there were only 4, 428 four-speeds built. Post this guys number, I would like to find out.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you want the whole number ill post it, but if you look at the date of the ad its been quite a while since it was originally posted. but if you still want to give it a shot, ok. could it be a GT-E?? yeah its possible, but i still kinda doubt it. but the fastback part??? hmm, he confused me lol. oh yeah, welcome to the boards :)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.bosscars.com/registration/guestbook.html

the ad is down the page a bit on that site, but its there.

I have a 100% no's matching 1968 couger eliminator, 428 Cobra jet, with 4 spd fast back. car is for sale, body is shot, but everything is there. car was launched off a bank, and bent the frame behind the fenders. if you had a nice body, you could make a real nice car, almost orginal
Dave Tavano [email protected]
west clarksville, ny USA - Thursday, October 26, 2000 at 16:15:42 (EDT)

and there is the whole ad. the date shows it as being almost 2 years old though. but hey, its worth a shot. maybe it will be legit and youll score a 428 GT-E for like 500. good luck man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts