Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I think it is a very nice tribute car, but not an "original" race car...Too many "new" parts under the hood...

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I've got the deal for somebody then. I will sell my replica with documented race history for 75% off that price. Take a look! http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb246/bogusb2/67 TA Cougar FFC/ . I'm not ready for the circuit yet. Located in Tallahassee, FL. For an MC.net member, I'll put up half of shipping cost to anywhere in the lower 48.

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Advert implies it is the real deal

This 1967 Bud Moore built Cougar was identified by none other than Parnelli Jones as competing in the Trans Am Series in 67-68. Car is completely restored and has had the same owner for 28 years. The history is traced to the builder (Greg Moore), Parnelli Jones and the current owner. The break in ownership is in between those dates. We have not been able to speak to two owners that had the car during those times. It is however a historical piece that is at a price 20% of a 'fully documented Trans Am Car would cost!'

Vin is in the detailed ad - 7F91A592902

But previous discussions indicated that the vins may not be known

http://www.classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15015#p15015

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Could very well be real - "restored" can be interpreted in many ways

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
The issue with race cars is that they tend to evolve as the regulations change. There was some discussion that the Bob Moore cars where 390GTs, which would make them S-code VINs

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Air cleaner, distributor/ignition, valve covers, it looks "tribute" to me..Of course my opinion doesn't matter, but it does not have "race car" under the hood to me...
I didn't see the "click here for all 48 photo's....
"Vintage race car", well, it's an old car, and has been to a lot of vintage events, but I still say no.....Would I like to have it? ABSOLUTELY!
Plus that "Hi nickel block" Statement.....I Thought that had been debunked?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I agree with Bill, the VIN is way too high for a car that would have been raced a good portion of the model year.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
My understanding is that all the 67 Trans-Am Cougars started out as S code cars. For this car you should really be looking for the VIn stamped into the fender apron. Doors on race cars were changed a lot.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

1 - 11 of 11 Posts