Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
According to the book Cougars by the Numbers, 3914 standards and 1156 XR-7s. That is also further broken down by interior trim codes... I defer posting more info because it was in a copyrighted book...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I disagree. I nice white with a little blueish in it is not puke green.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Oh, I agree there is worse colors out there then that. To me it just don't look good on a cougar or a mustang. Maybe a 55-57 T-bird, or 64ish Galaxie. Mark I have a pic of my G when it was that color in My Pic's on here if you want to check it out.( I don't feel like putting on one of my wifes dresses to dig it up, if you know what I mean Hahahaha)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heres the door tag 65B N 6A 020 34 2 1 .Never seen one this color .Has Black Vinyl top . Just wanted to see if it was a rare color . [Restore or Gasser ]

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
6A- black leather XR-7 bucket -- 210 in that combo.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My '68 std was this color for many years, and it has dark red interior still, and there were very few in that combination. I had her painted Black Cherry many years ago. It's not as forgiving a color, but I like it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
There is one less now! My nordic blue xr7 was originally diamond blue and I just couldn't bare to torture the car with a return to it's originally neutered color :toung:

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can see some photos of mine which I posted three weeks ago the the Garage section of this site. According to my Marti Report, there were 1,158 with this paint code, 210 with that paint and black leather. This car was built on 3/28/68, released on 8/22/68, but not sold 'till 2/25/69! Maybe the color had something to do with it sitting in the lot for so long! There are much better colors, black cherry, etc., but the color isn't that bad if the paint is shiny and in good shape and I get a lot of complements, plus chicks seem to dig it. Yeah, maybe it is indeed a girlie color! BTW, M2 Models has a 1/64 diecast toy of a '68 XR-7G 390 available now at Walmart or Toys-R-Us in supposed diamond blue. It's a bit darker than the real color, but has the black vinyl top with the closed sunroof.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked it up yesterday . Its in bad shape .Has more rust than I want to deal with .So its a parts car .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts