Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice for a new, part time resident? I will be working at Aberdeen Proving Ground 3 days a week starting 5/1 and there sporadically until then (and another challenge to completing the ECI 'vert on time). Any advice on where to live? I found a nice apt complex and situation in Elkton, but it is about 40 minutes away from APG. Looked around here after work today and was not too impressed so far. Havre DeGrace is very close, but not sure if they have any nice complexes or how the area is. Keep in mind home is NJ so APG and north would be the area of interest. Also, anyone nearby APG?

Thanks for any advice or whathaveyou.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well, that's not my neck-of-the-woods so I'm afraid I don't have much advice to offer. Hopefully, another DCC member that has some insight will chime in.

I just didn't want you to think we were ignoring you!

·
Registered
384 Posts
When I travel for work I stay in hotel. Find a nice clean motel with all the fun stuff you need and work out a rate that fits. If they know that one of their rooms will be full 3 days a week it should be easy. This way you don't need to set up shop and all the fun stuff an Apt needs. Just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I travel for work I stay in hotel. Find a nice clean motel with all the fun stuff you need and work out a rate that fits. If they know that one of their rooms will be full 3 days a week it should be easy. This way you don't need to set up shop and all the fun stuff an Apt needs. Just my 2 cents
Not cost effective when it is coming out of your own pocket (but thanks).

·
Registered
650 Posts
I haven't been up there in many years, but Aberdeen had some nice sections to live. APG has grown a lot and there are lots of Military families in the area. I hope this helps,

Paul

·
Registered
384 Posts
Not cost effective when it is coming out of your own pocket (but thanks).
Not true, look into it
I have been there and done that. When you add up all the fun stuff you need. Don't go for the chain hotels. I was staying in Petersburg VA at a clean Mom&Pop motel for less than it would cost for an APT. Had a small kitchen too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts