Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Road trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just could not wait anymore. 5 months went by and my Birthday is this Sunday and I have to get this parts car. In case you didn't know...I'm trading my 1977 Datsun 280Z for another 1972 XR-7 Cougar with a near perfect interior so I'm told. Sight unseen but, some members have seen it. He has only seen my Z though pictures. Even swap. He is throwing in an extra set or door panels and a new carpet still in the box! The car has a FMX converted to a C6 and a 351 Cleaveland with 66,000 miles on the odometer. He says he got it off the original owner from Ebay and the body is in good/fair condition but, there's my parts car!:jump3: :ylsup: :burnout: :beer: Did I say I'm excited? I'm renting a Ford Expedition and a dolly. $300 for 3 days. Not bad!! I don't know which part I'm most excited about...driving the Expedition, road trip or the trade. Never been to Delaware. ahhhh...the Cougar of course! Hopefully, I can use it as a parts car and not want to restore it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Glad to hear you finally got the ball rolling, Be careful and have a safe trip.... Jon

·
Registered
889 Posts
Good Job! Make sure you check the dolly after a block or two and take up the slack.You dont want it passing you on the highway on the way back.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah...really.

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :beer:

Hope the trip goes well.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I'm back.

Thursday morning: Raining in buckets, yard flooded out. Got the Rental truck. No Ford Expedition. Got the Ford Excursion for the same price. Got the dolly. Went home. Got stuck in the yard. Forgot the truck had 4X4!:rolleyes: Got out. Loaded the 280Z. Still pouring. Left for Delaware. Got lost 4 times because my husband didn't want to go through Washington. We were 120 miles away from Washington! Finally, got to Washington. Went past Baltimore and stayed at Motel 8 in Joppa, MD. It was 12:30 AM. Left at 11:30AM! Called Steve in the morning. Got lost 2 more times! Got stuck having to go across the bridge to New Jersey! Finally, got there. Paid lots of unneccessary tolls. Oh, well...The Cougar was at his shop. Went there. The car very rough but, so did the 280Z for that matter. Got extra door panels, new carpet, hubcaps and console. Let him have the new battery. I paid $30 for it. Not a big deal. Got Marty's Convertable well liner. No sending unit. No money exchanged. Put the Cougar on the dolly and Steve drove the 280Z home, we followed.:) Said, goodbye. 11.5 hours back...did not get lost at all...stayed on 95 the whole time. 2 and a half hours stuck in Maryland traffic. Lyle slept the whole time too, which helped me.:D Drove straight home.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cost

$245 Ford Excursion with insurance. (Thursday-Saturday morning)
$170 Dolly
$100 Cash (food, tolls)
$ 70 Motel 8
$ 90 Board 2 dogs
$230 Gas (OINK!)

Total: $905 Geez!...on the credit card!
Oh, well...I'll go make more money.
:rolleyes: :cry:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dolly? Like one that the whole car could ride on... Im what? waite...

is that it, like a trailer? dolly???

oh well.

That's not bad... If I could get to Texas and back for Gas money + $170 for a dolly I'd do it....

is a dolly what I call a trailer?

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
Glad to hear that you have this behind you now!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dolly

A Dolly is what a little girl plays with!:D
No, it pulls a car by the front wheels only and the back wheels are on the ground. See My Gallery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts