Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went Indian trading today with a guy I do business with in cougar parts he also deals in cash too,so I took my wheels,rings and caps out to his place He buys mostly stangs but he got this cougar a day before me for 500.00.So on the latest Cougar a 69 I saw a pair of Bullit rocker moldings no dented or coroded I traded him even up for the wheels and a AM/FM ford sterio that didnt work.I took them off he car and got the clips and all.I got all the trim now wheel moldings-emblems-both spoilers-hood scoop,Being that its an XR-7 do you think the bullit rocker moldings will look O.K. or is it an over kill.I was going to put to plane moldings on but couldnt pass on these.I dont see many up here o the north coast.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
"...do you think the bullit rocker moldings will look O.K...."
I personally like those suttle differences, personal touches, whatever, that seperate our cars - or any restored classics - from the "cookie-cutter" cars. I say go for it!

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Go for it it is your car after all and the bullit moldings were added at the dealership and could be put on any car so it is period correct and they look sharp. i am wanting to find some myself for my xr7 as well as my convertable. but that will wait as they can be added after everything else is done.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pictures will come

I finally have all the trim peices.except th original 390 badges.It looks like autocrafters will see my MC.Plans are coming ogeather on the barn.Its the only thing holding me back.If not tewife will lose her garage space for a few months.Ive had it a little over a year.got it running got the parts.now its gt to get its oweners identity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts